©All rights reserved
· Resident of Illinois who is currently a senior in high school, or has graduated and…
· Is either the child, stepchild, grandchild of a member of Naperville American Legion Post 43, or currently a
member of Boy Scout Troop 106, or The Ghostriders Sea Cadet VF-142 Squadron, was an Oratorical Contest
participant or attended Illinois Boys/Girls State under the sponsorship of Naperville American Legion Post 43.
· Academic achievement (GPA: high school transcript required)
· Leadership and participation in school and/or community activities
· Work experience,
· Patriotic Involvement
· Student essay describing educational, career and life goals and your plan for achieving them. The essay shall be
the original work of the student. Any other material must be footnoted. The essay shall not be longer than three
typed pages, and will be formatted with one inch margins, 1.5 line spacing and 12 point font.
Applying for the Award